The Big Chop
The start of a new life, a new you, a new look, new energy--a woman's sense of revival. A rebellion against societal norms placed upon Black women. We can't be too feminine and we can't be too masculine. "Can't" - a word, a direction, a thought, an insecurity placed upon women to keep them complacent in a box of should be's.
This photoset explores the beauty of women, serving both masculine and feminine energy. The battle of joy and anger of letting go a part of ourselves we once spent so much time trying to perfect while discovering our own definition of beauty in the midst of it all.
Photographer - Dee Williams @HiDeexDee
Model - Andrea Angarica @AndreaAngarica
Stylist - Talia Bella @TaliaaBella
Style Assistant - Melissa Registre @MusexMalu
- Hoodie (@madhappy.us)
- Black tule skirt (Narciss by Alise Trautmane @narcissfashion)
- Shoes (@vans)
- Black pants and pink top with lace trim (Saku @Saku_newyork)
- Off white leather boots (Tibi @tibi)
- Black coat (@GwenSalakaia_
- Virgil Tee (@Millinneal_NYC)
- Red pants (@korsunofficial)
- Disco shoes (@americanapparel)